Telephones are a key tool for almost any business and selecting the right telephony solution should be a priority.
Ten “Don’t” suggestions when selecting telephony for your business …..
- DON’T use your home telephone number or your personal mobile for your business . Geographic landline numbers that ring on your mobile are cheap and effective and bring immediate legitimacy to your business. Its also going to be a number that you can keep for your business irrespective of where your premises area and it could be transferred to a SIP or cloud based office telephone system at some stage in the future.
- DON’T use a domestic , consumer orientated supplier for your business telephone . They will almost certainly be focused on price rather than quality ; and you want the most economic and effective telephony solution for your business not the cheapest solution on offer. They also try and make your business fit the solutions available rather than the other way around.
- DON’T buy a telephone system for your business unless the supplier has visited and surveyed your site and discussed your specific requirements and needs with you
- DON’T buy a telephone system from a supplier that is unable or unwilling to provide you with demonstration equipment for you to trial for a week or so.
- DON’T buy a telephone system that doesn’t do what your business needs it to do. Modern telephone systems integrate , provide features that help you run your business and promote mobility.
- DON’T forget that the “in Life” costs of the telephone system are the most important for your business ; its the “Total Cost of Ownership” that counts.
- DON’T buy a telephone system that is not easily expandable and easy to relocate
- DON’T forget that the prime function of the telephone system is to take and make telephone calls ; and what your customer experiences when calling your business is vital , so make sure the telephone system can be configured to manage calls in the way you want them managed.
- DON’T buy a telephone system where changes are hard or expensive to make
- DON’T be afraid of technology . Embrace it to enhance your business ; just making sure you choose a knowledgeable supplier